New Prices, New Course Videos & Interviews, Updated Rules
After our Race Planner (Charlie Sproson) and Race Director (Shane Ohly) spent yesterday chasing around the North York Moors National Park, we are very excited to release the following three preview videos and interviews (below) featuring both of them. These videos provide the first real insight into the Berghaus Trail Chase™ event as plans for this summers most exciting new trail running adventure gather pace.
We are also taking this opportunity to update various aspects of the event website to reflect our fine-tuning of the race. We have summarised these changes below but they are also included in the relevant sections of the event website.
NEW, LOWER ENTRY FEE
The most important change that we are announcing is a reduction in the entry fee. After launching the race in November 2013 we have, on reflection, decided that the entry fee was too high and have chosen to reduce it. The latest entry fees are HERE and start from £45 per person if you enter before the end of April. Quite honestly, we want everyone involved in the race to feel that it is fantastic value and to be wholeheartedly recommending it to his or her running friends. Anyone who has already entered will be refunded the difference in the next few days. Remember each entry includes:
- Participation in a weekend of friendly & challenging trail running in the beautiful North York Moors National Park.
- A high quality commemorative t-shirt from Berghaus worth approximately £20.
- A choice of three colour coded courses for novice to experienced runners alike.
- A well planned and professionally organised event.
- Transportation of your camping kit and bags to the overnight campsite.
- A beautiful overnight campsite with marquee, bar and food available.
- SPORTident digital timing, including loan of timing dibbers to each team person.
- Mini-map and guidance notes for each of the colour coded course.
- A finishers meal for all runners.
- Free car parking and at the Event Centre for teams and their supporters.
- Supporters welcome at the overnight campsite.
- A great selection of high quality trophies across each course and a range of finishing positions.
Other changes to the event include:
Overnight Camp – Visitors Welcome
Competitors supports (friends and family) are welcome to join us and camp at the overnight campsite. They will need to book-in at the Event Centre registration on Saturday (between 1000 & 1300) to get directions, a pass and a parking permit.
Simplified the Baggage Allowance
Rather than having multiple baggage allowances for different types of competitors (solo, pairs and teams) we have simplified the rules so that they are more like airline baggage allowance. So very simply, each competitors may have ONE bag each NOT weighing more than 15kg
Under 18 Participation
We have updated our rules to enable junior runners aged 16 and over to take part. All under 18 competitors will need to accompanied by a parent/guardian (aged 21 and over) although the parent/guardian does not have to run with the junior runner, they must stay at the overnight campsite with the junior runner. Full details HERE
|Berghaus Trail Chase™ Race Director, Shane Ohly and Race Planner, Charlie Sproson discuss the nature of the trail running and terrain in the stunning North York Moors National Park.|
On the Sunday morning, the chase begins! Berghaus Trail Chase Race™ Director, Shane Ohly, explains:
"Day two of the event is where the fun really starts as the chase takes shape. Competitors will set off in the order that they finished the first day, attempting to close the gap from the previous day. With a real head-to-head race developing, competitors will know that if they pass someone they will have improved their overall position, and the first people to cross the finish line will be the winners!"
|Race Planner Charlie Sproson runs day one of the Blue Course at the Berghaus Trail Chase™. You'll have to imagine how much more colourful, vibrant, sunny and warm it'll be in the middle of August, as we were there at the beginning of March!|